Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

It has been a busy couple of weeks and I did not realize how long it has been since I provided my last update. Generally, things have been going well and I continue to feel healthy on most days. Channukah, Christmas, Mai's birthday and then New Years all crowded into a 2 week period always makes the end of December a very busy time for us, but all of the activity has been a nice diversion. We lit the candles each night for Channukah, exchanged gifts on Christmas, and celebrated Mai's birthday and rang in the New Year together yesterday, thankful to be home and celebrating together as a family.

Tal's fascination with horses has continued and he now has many more plastic and stuffed horses to play with (thanks to the holidays), and our beautiful daughter Mai is 5 years old (going on 10), and so excited to be all grown up. Ha continues to keep it all together, juggling a huge list of "stuff" (we always wonder why we have so much stuff to manage) and I continue to offer my driving skills and waiting skills when I can, looking forward to the days when I can actually start to do things around here.

On my last weekly checkup, they found two blood clots in my leg, which does occasionally occur after the treatment I have endured. So, I am on bed rest until Sunday and back to giving myself 2 shots per day (blood thinner) to reduce the clots and stop more from forming. Otherwise, my last two checkups have been fairly uneventful.... blood counts and liver enzymes have been stable, and it appears that the graft vs host disease is greatly reduced for now. I am at day 59 today and Dr. Chen confirmed that if all continues to go well, I am on track for release of many of my restrictions at day 100... very welcome news for me, as my latest excitement has been keeping our bird feeders filled.

Wishing you a very happy New Year and all the best for 2010.

Ron

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update Ron. I sounds like things are going as well as they can be. Hang in there. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I wish you peace, heath and happiness in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot to celebrate! Stay busy, continue to heal, and look forward to that time in February/March when you can catch up with all your admirers in the flesh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't those lazy birds feed themselves?
    xxo HH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ron,
    Glad you are doing better and better each day. Here's to looking forward to 2010. When you are free to leave the indoor cat world behind, consider coming by with the kids to see the horses. I have a cute, but lately naughty pony "Princess Fiona" your kids could take a ride on. You too! ha ha
    Gail Kirkman

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear it Ron!! Thanks for the holiday card. Hopefully this year we can finally make a trip to see you guys!! Love for Mia and Tal to meet Gabby and Asher. Us Jew-Asians have to stick together ;)

    ReplyDelete